Wednesday, April 4, 2007

RELIGION OR EXERCISE?

Religion or exercise? Debate on yoga raises concerns

By DEBORAH FRAZIER
Scripps Howard News Service
September 06, 2002
ASPEN, Colo. - Steve Woodrow, pastor of the First Baptist Church, said this week that the words "chant," "mantra," "mandela" and other terms in a Colorado school district yoga program violate federal rulings that bar religion in classrooms.
Woodrow made the comments at a public meeting at Aspen High School to air concerns and hear support for the district's plan to teach yoga to elementary students.
"You can't separate the religious and spiritual aspects of yoga from the physical aspects," Woodrow said, noting the Hindu roots of the ancient exercise form.
"I don't want my children to do that," Woodrow said. "This is scary."
Last month, Woodrow objected to Yoga Ed for about 220 elementary school students as a conflict between church and state. Woodrow has two sons in Aspen Elementary School.
At a public meeting attended by about 75 parents, teachers, school board members, yoga practitioners and other residents, Woodrow quoted from the Yoga Journal that the meditation, breathing and stretching was "an altered state of consciousness" that promoted a "oneness with God."
And, Woodrow named four court rulings that found yoga violated the separation of church and state.
There was polite applause. And then there was spirited rebuttal and defense.
"Yoga is not about faith," said Allison Dailey, a substitute teacher and mother of two boys. She was a missionary and has done yoga exercises for five years. "I want my two sons to experience the focusing and stretching."
Ministers, priests and rabbis have contacted the Aspen School District since Woodrow challenged the yoga classes. A priest at the Benedictine Monastery in Aspen wrote that comparing religion to yoga is like comparing religion to running - there is no comparison.
Yoga Ed, the district's yoga program, was developed by the Children's Health Initiative at the Aspen Center for New Medicine after Sept. 11 as part of a program to make children feel safer in the schools. .
Few people in the audience had read the 2-inch-thick Yoga Ed Curriculum statement, but most were yoga enthusiasts that saw no religious connotations.
"Semantics is all we are talking about. We can change a few words and make it all happen," said Lloyd Herman, an Aspen dentist. At the end of the nearly four-hour meeting, the school board agreed to consider the options and make a decision next week.
(Contact Deborah Frazier of the Rocky Mountain News at http://www.rockymountainnews.com.)
BLESSED CAUSE TWO CENTS:
Teachers instructing children to "clear their minds" is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. There IS a spirit world, there ARE demons. Many Christians will deny it unless confronted with one. When our children "clear their minds" and get into that mind altered place, it leaves them wide open to the spirit world. Remember the lesson Jesus taught? "When an unclean spirit goes out of a man, he goes through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he says, 'I will return to my house from which I came.' And when he comes, he finds it swept and put in order. Then he goes and takes with him seven other spirits more wicked than himself, and they enter and dwell there; and the last state of that man is worse than the first.

It is not enough to be emptied of evil, we must then be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. When teachers tell our children to chant and "clear their minds", they concentrate on opening up to a spiritual entity. If they succeed in "clearing their minds" (the new mind of Christ) THEY ARE SUSCEPTIBLE. It is Antichrist in sheep's clothing.

11 comments:

Patrick said...

From personal experience, I know meditation - any sort of exercise where one is focusing on an object, THIRD EYE, etc, can be dangerous. I can recall being involved with Jiddu Krishnamurti (Indian philosopher) for a number of years. He talks about "being attentive" to WHAT IS! “WHAT IS” is not Jesus Christ and that allows other DEMONS roaming around to enter ones BODY. Krisnamurti nearly sent me insane [with a combination of AA, childhood trauma, and other NEW AGE garbage]. I have heard of people who have become suicidal, because of his philosophy [he had me hooked for a while]. The mind is not separate from the body.

"What? Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's" (1 Corinthians 6:19-20)

At the end of the day, though, I had no control over my process [Previous Posts]. I owe everything I have today to Jesus Christ, who died on a cross for my sins and delivered me from my iniquities.. He is my Lord and Saviour.

Peace Be With You
Patrick

Anonymous said...

Thank the Lord at last a christian who wont compromise.I totally agree.Feel free to post on my blog anytime.I was also abandon at the age of 2.

Wilson Clan said...

Thanks for sharing your testimony with you. I commented on my blog, I haven't been online much. God bless you.

Always study God's Word and hide it in your heart. You will never be deceived by Satan, at world, or even religious leaders.

Love in Christ,
M

Anonymous said...

AA and the recovery movement has pretty much destroyed my marriage.I'm biding my time.My husband has never been so selfish and self centered.He wont argue about anything,unless hes sure that hes right.He talks to his sponsor more than me.So what the point in going on.He was a zombie when he got out of rehab,hes sort of normal now,but he still acts like an AA clone.He would sit and stare.Hes still on the rehab schedule,he gets up at a rediculous hour of the morning and reads the 24 hours a day brainwashing crap and the as Bill sees it garbage.I'm fed up.Hes no fun at all.I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life like this.He told people at our church that I dont agree with AA,so guess what.I no longer have friends there anymore.I want out.

Micky said...

Greetings Michellebelle
I felt some pain reading your post - re marriage. I imagine your husband is not dealing with his "core issues" - unprocessed STUFF from his history.
His brain will slowly be altered with BUCHMANISM - AA nearly got my soul. Satan is very cunning and can make one feel everything is OK. That is why STEPPERS continue to go to MEETINGS - they need to recharge their batteries [WITH SATANISM]. When one is not at a meeting, ones childhood history starts to surface. One then runs to MUMMY [AA] to hear the DRONING STEPPERS expel meaningless DIATRIBE from their mouths. It’s a KINDA MANTRA…MY name is Bill or Bob or Jack and I’m an ALCOHOLIC…. Slowly the minds’ of the STEPPERS are shutdown [critical thinking section] and they get that ZOMBIE look on their faces - the face of SATAN!!

I suggest you completely detach from your husband and focus on the feelings that are triggered in you. Your husband can help you process your own history [inadvertently]. I imagine you were attracted to him (unconscious), because he reminds you of your Father. Remember, MICHELLEBELLE, your process is not about your HUSBAND, but from your own history. That is how one recovers, by being triggered [overwhelmed with strong feelings] and those feelings need to be felt and processed [inner child work] because they are always from ones childhood. Let him do his AA thing and you just work on your own process. Eventually, he will see the change in you because you’re not reacting to his process.

A good therapist would be advisable [inner child work] one who has processed his/her history [don’t see a psychiatrist]. I know, I have done the work [therapist, anger workshop, etc] and God did the rest because he knew that I wanted to be freed from my CHAMBER OF HORRORS [my childhood] and I asked him to have mercy on me and forgive me my sins. Intellectually one can ask Jesus for forgiveness, which entails then in having a ROAD TO DAMASCUS experience [recovering the inner child]. That child is GOD!!

Not many people are prepared to go back to the CHAMBER OF HORRORS, but the alternative is a slow DEATH [AA]. I get a sense you are a gutsy, intelligent, woman. God needs people like you – to tell the TRUTH. I will pray that God will protect you on your own journey.

Peace Be With You
Micky

PS: I was formerly Patrick – my other BLOG was TERMINATED by GOOGLE [DISGRUNTLED STEPPERS], so I have had to use another name - I hope you’re not confused!!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou.I'll get back to you later.

D. A. N. said...

Praise Jesus for you Patrick you are truly one of God’s children and I will gloriously meet you someday in Heaven or sooner and that will make my day when I do. I just wanted to point out 1 Timothy 4:8 . God bless you friend.

For Him,
Dan

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
papillion said...

don't get overly obsessed with Satan guys, emptying your mind of earthly attachements is part of self-mastery and is a good dicipline.
Jesus spoke about this when he talked of storing up for yourselves things which moth and dust will not corrupt.
So Christ was an enlightened Master too.
Zen is good, esp in a world gone mad, and churches who play out victim and helper roles ad infinitum.
God Bless.

Unknown said...

Interesting!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.